December 28, 2016

MY TOP 10 BOOKS OF 2016


MY TOP 10 BOOKS OF 2016

      So I'm gonna be honest, I don't remember most of the books I read this year. This year went by hella fast, thankfully, and a lot of the books I read weren't exactly mindblowing. However, there are some that were, and without further ado, here they are.

10. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas

16034235

I read this book on the very first day of 2016, that I honestly don't even remember reading it this year. I buddy read this with Temecka from "Library of Tomes". I know I liked it, but after this book I know I didn't like the rest of the series and stopped reading it so... 


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
9. Defending Jacob by William Landay

11367726

I listened to this on audiobook and I just loved it. The entire time I was captivated by what was going on and it did not end how I thought it was going to. This book got me back into reading mystery novels again and gave me a newfound love for audiobooks.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8. Why Not Me by Mindy Kaling

30268522

I listened to this on audiobook and all I can say is that Mindy Kaling is my idol.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7. Just Juliet by Charlotte Reagan

32069603

This book was a total surprise for me. I had no idea I would like it as much as I did. The characters and romance behind this book were just awe inspiring and I just really enjoyed this YA contemporary, which hasn't happened in a while. I loved the diversity and the bisexuality representation. Check out my review here


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6. Saga Series by Brian K. Vaughan

15704307

I was reluctant to read this graphic novel series because of the hype, but I did and I am glad that I did. This series is unlike anything I have ever read before and opened the doors to me reading more graphic novels.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5. History is All You Left by Adam Silvera

25014114

So this book hasn't technically come out yet and doesn't until 2017, but I'm putting it on my list anyway because I read it this year. What I really love about this book is how it has LGBTQIA+ characters, but that is not the driving force behind the plot, and I think that's something that is important because sexuality is more than just a plot tool. You can read all about my thoughts here.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4. Giant Days Series by John Allison

25785993

I honestly don't know what it is about this graphic novel series that gets to me, but I just love it. Maybe it's because I am in the exact same timeline as these univesity students and I get what they are coming from and their struggles. IDK, but I just really have a special place in my heart for this series.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. November 9 by Colleen Hoover

25111004

If you want to read my thoughts on this book, you can here. All I can say is that Colleen Hoover is a queen.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. Illuminae by  Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff

23395680

I read this book during my final exams during my freshman year of college which seems like a lifetime ago. This book was an absolute rollercoaster and gave me so many feels. In fact, it gave me so many feels that I never got around to writing my review for it... whoops.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas

17927395

All of y'all should have seen this one coming. If you have read my review, which if you haven't you can read it here, know that this book hit me with the feels and I was feeling some type of when once I was finished reading it. It's weird how I love this series but absolutely hate the "Throne of Glass" series with the exception of the first book. IDK. All I know is that this book is a gift from the literary gods and I loved it with all of my heart. 


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Well, that was my list folks. Have you guys read any of the books on here? If so, let's talk about them in the comments, even if they weren't your favs, I would love to hear your thoughts.

Join the conversation!

Please leave a comment down below because I would love to hear your thoughts. To ensure you see my reply, make sure to click "Notify Me".